Friday, July 27, 2012

Addison's Walk

Hello! 
Quick post before I leave Oxford -- 
Yesterday I went on a great walk around Magdalen College (pronounced "Maudlin" apparently). This is the College where CS Lewis lived and I was making a presentation in class that reference him, so I thought I would go have a look! 

This is The Great Tower. It is impressive. Used at one time as defense where people would throw stones down at the invaders - ouch! 




This is The Cloisters area of the college -- beautiful hydrangeas all around the perimeter.

Addison's Walk was one of Lewis's favorite places to stroll around the grounds.  He wrote this short poem which is now engraved along the wall:


A nice picture of Addison's Walk.


Crazy trees in the Fellows' Garden. What are those things?? This looked like a fir tree, but with grapes!


Then I saw this, which I thought was a pine tree -- and still think it is some type of pine, but look at the "pinecones"! They look like big green eggs!


Then I went to Hamlet at the Bodleian Library last night!
Amazing! Very musical production. Really fun.

OK - Lunch then off to London!


No comments: