Thursday, July 12, 2012

Lately

The past two mornings, I have woken up at 5:02 am with a bright sunshine blazing through my windows. Both days have ended in wet soggy evenings! Today's rain started around 2:00 pm and has not quit since! I sat in a cafe (http://www.caferouge.co.uk/french-restaurant/oxford) to work on my story (that I have to read to our class tomorrow - yikes!) and just watched it drizzle all day. I was in front of the open door and the temperature must have dropped below 60. It was just wet and cold.
I ran over to the Eagle and Child to meet some friends from class for a drink before dinner, then we ate at the school, and now I am gathering my things before I leave tomorrow.

Tuesday night I went with some friends to see the play Educating Rita at the Oxford Playhouse.
http://www.oxfordplayhouse.com/show/?eventid=2608
It was pretty good! Fun to get out to the theatre. They have many open air plays each night, but I haven't gone because you have to sit in the cold rain!

Last night I walked all around town, across Magdalen Bridge and by the Thames, then down a very long street that ended up wrapping around by Wadham and eventually brought me back to Wellington Square. It was a really nice walk, and I did not get rained on! It started just as I got home. Shocking.  I am not complaining though. The weather is nice. It is a refreshing relief to the heat that most of you who are reading this are probably living through; although I did hear it had been raining and temperatures had dropped since we left, so that is promising.

Tomorrow night, I plan to be back in London via train or bus. Not sure which yet. Either way, it will be nice to be back together. We can take some new pictures.

Looking out of my windows in the parapet of this building, I feel like I'm in Mary Poppins in the chimney sweep rooftop song. All I see are the silhouettes of the roofs in Oxford against the gray sky.  It does not get dark here until 10 pm!

Pick your heels up, steppin time!




2 comments:

Whitney said...

I love your updates, Mags!!! J and I send our best from a rainy Birmingham. Have fun!!!

Sara said...

Coop will be so jealous...he loves Mary Poppins. Bert is his favorite! Take some pictures for him =). Love all your great posts, Maggie. Glad y'all are having such a good time!